Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Letter From an Editor


Hello Fellow Mohos,

Let me start off by saying that I am NOT a poser. Actually I’m far from it. You could say I’ve been a trendsetter since I was four years old, when I refused to go to preschool unless I wore my Cinderella dress up slippers. Unlike other kids my age, I dressed myself. My Mom wouldn’t object when I went to school in a tutu and rain boots.

Okay so I’ve peaked since than. I fell in love with fashion when I saw Breakfast at Tiffanys for the first time; I was eight years old. Audrey Hepburn has always been my fashion idol. I loved how she could wear her classic black dress and Raybands in Breakfast at Tiffanys, but also had the ability to look good in leggings and a grandpa sweater in Funny Face. I admire that she is so eclectic.

After being exposed to brilliant fashion icons like Twiggy, Edie Sedgwick, Princess Diana, and Grace Kelly, I found that I loved to write and observe what they wore. From than on fashion journalism became my passion. Now, I know that some of you have been critical of our idea. The blog has already been called shallow, snobby, (Hardstuff has pretty much covered the other adjectives). But I thought I was entering a college full of smart young women who were open to new things, not girls who think that math and science are the only important subjects in the world. HELLO PEOPLE, there’s more to life out there (And not everyone is good at math, including myself). All I’m asking is that you give us a chance.

My message for the day: Fashion isn’t about whom you wear; it’s about how you present yourself. You don’t need to own Tory Burch flats or a Chanel purse to be considered fashionable. The brand name of your clothing isn’t what’s important. Don’t follow the crowd. Be unique. If you want to wear a tutu and rain boots to class, go for it!


Anonymously,

Poser

No comments:

Post a Comment