Monday, September 21, 2009

Colored Animal Print.....The Ugly Saga is Back


Don't get me wrong, Heidi Klum worked a natural leopard dress on Project Runway last week, and it looked great. And everyone can wear natural leopard in moderation. But come on people, colored animal print outfits just plain ugly!!!!!!!! Purple zebras, red cows, and blue leopards don't exist!!!! I observe a lot of trends that are fictional, I wouldn't wear these styles but I appreciate the concepts. However, as I've made it quite obvious thus far I DON'T appreciate colored animal print.
I once attended a party, where one of the guests wore an aqua blue leopard loose jersey dress. I wanted to hide in a corner for her. I support a person's desire to be unique and fun, but animal print outfits are NOT attractive or wearable. I mean really, do you want to look like you took the skin off of a skinny lion, dyed it in a bright bold blue dye, and rolled around in it?
Animal print is on the pages of Vogue, showcased in store fronts, and worn by the every day woman. Seriously, this trend follows me everywhere; and all I want to do is run away screaming.
My message for today: if you want to wear animal wear it in MODERATION and in a natural color. This trend needs to be burned, buried, and should never be reincarnated. EVER.

I may have been a little harsh, but hey it's the truth!

Anonymously,
Poser

No comments:

Post a Comment