Sunday, December 13, 2009

Back to Basics


Today, instead of working on my final essay for my Literature class, I'm going to bestow some wisdom upon you. Take heed, ladies.

Jeans will never go out of style. Honest to God, they will never ever go away. And that's a wonderful thing, because if you invest in a great pair of jeans, you will literally own them until they fall to pieces.

In my closet, I have seven pairs of jeans. Some flared, some skinny, some high-waisted, some lowrise. Mostly dark wash, they differ slightly in lengths, pocket style, stitching, etc. Some of them I've had all throughout highschool, and some have been patched and repatched. But they all have one very important thing in common: THEY AREN'T UGLY.

I will be the first to say that I love over-the-top fashion, loud colors, sequins, a lil flashy-flashy going on.. But EMBELLISHED JEANS ARE A NO NO NOOOO! They are hideous, and they will never cease to be hideous. Jeans should be kept clean and simple, and you should build your outfit around them, not let them eat your outfit and then vomit all over it in embroidery and rhinestones. Ickkk. Just don't do it. Say no. And when you see someone else wearing them, AVERT YOUR EYES. This Disease of Don'ts could be contagious!!

For nice, CLASSY, attractive denim, check out Banana Republic, Citizens of Humanity, Seven for all Mankind, and Paige Premium Denim. They may be a little higher in the price range, but they will last for years and years to come, and they will NEVER be tacky.

Anonymously,
Hardstuff

No comments:

Post a Comment